Proper capitalization of sentences, phrases, and words is one of the important aspects of professional writings in all fields of writing. Practically, a substantial ratio of writing mistakes pertains to improper capitalization, which results in an unprofessional piece of writing.
Let’s discuss different aspects of capitalization mistakes and rules to correct them and also the functionalities and benefits of using a professional-level online capitalization generator to convert lower case to upper case of a word or a sentence and capitalize online.
Is It Simple to Correct My Capitalization Manually in My Paper?
At the first glance, the rules to convert lowercase to uppercase online look very simple, easy, and intuitive, but in real-world writings, it is very difficult to follow those all rules and exceptions to create professional writing without any capitalization mistakes. This problem becomes even more complex for students and writers who use English as a foreign language.
The main reasons for increased mistakes of capitalization include the following:
- A large number of rules to follow, which may get skipped
- Certain exceptions that don’t follow the rules
- Different accents of English writings
- Different requirements for different referencing styles, etc.
Addressing all of the above-mentioned reasons becomes a difficult task for the writers while writing different types of writings.
Major Rules to Capitalize Letters and Sentences in Your Writings
In English writing, there is a wide range of rules for the proper capitalization, which are recommended for different types of writings, styles of referencing, and formalities of writings. But, some of them are very basic and agreed in almost all variations of writings and styles that you must keep in mind while writing. Among such rules, a few major ones to convert small letter to capital online are listed below:
- Always capitalize the first letter of all types of sentences such as affirmative, interrogative, negative, or other.
- Proper nouns should always be capitalized irrespective of their location in a sentence.
- The first letter of the names of people, oceans, countries, nationalities, directions, and cities should be capitalized.
- No word should not be capitalized after the colon (:) and semicolon (;) signs unless the following word is a proper noun and a few other exceptions
- The first letter of any quotation should be capitalized unless the quotation is quoted partially
- Always capitalize the holidays, days of the week, and months, but not the seasons.
- Titles of articles, books, plays, films, and others should be capitalized
- Always capitalize the events in the history and certain periods with some exceptions
- Don’t capitalize prepositions, articles, and conjunctions in titles. Though a few exceptions do apply.
- Always capitalize “I” used as a pronoun in a sentence.
- Always capitalize the initials in names. etc.
An Overview of a Capitalization Checker
A capitalization checker is a web-based tool for a small letter to convert to upper case online. After the advent of the internet and modern software technologies, cloud-based tools are extensively used for sentences and words to capitalize online. The popularity of such tools is increasing consistently in all spheres of writings worldwide.
Functionalities of a Capital Letter Generator
The main features and functionalities of a small capital letters generator online tool are listed below:
- Checks and finds the mistakes pertaining to capitalization in line with the capitalization rules and standards
- Suggests the respective corrections to those capitalization mistakes
- Provides explanation related to the capitalization mistakes
- Detects and fixes different types of grammatical errors in your text
- Helps you to find active and passive voice misuses in your text
- Finds punctuation and spelling mistakes in your pieces of texts
- Detects the tone of your writing for better effectiveness
- Checks for the uniqueness of your text through plagiarism detection
- Assesses the effectiveness and smoothness of your text
- Detects and corrects verb-subject disagreements
- Finds and fixes tense shifts in your text
- Helps improve word choices and poor verbs, etc.
How to Use a Sentence Case Converter?
Using our online small letter converter tool is so simple, intuitive, and easy. Take the following simple steps to use our tool:
- Copy and paste the text that you want to check for capitalization errors in the widget of our online tool
- Click the button to run it for capitalization error detection. Errors are underlined by our tool.
- Click the underlined word to display the correct capitalization.
- Click the correct option. Repeat this process for every capitalization mistake.
- You are done!
Accuracy and Usefulness of Capitalization Help Online
Our online capitalization tool is one of the best tools that offer a high level of accuracy in the text error detection results. Our tool is powered by the latest technologies, linguistic expertise, and continual improvements to make it the most beneficial for a wide range of writers.
Due to the higher level of accuracy in error detection, our tool can offer substantial support and benefits to a wide range of writers in almost all domains of writings. The following types of writers can benefit substantially from our online tool:
- Students, academicians, teachers, professors, and other members of faculties
- Researchers, analysts, scientists, technicians, and engineers
- Business writers, technical writers, market researchers, and corporate writers
- Marketers, online content writers, advertisement writers, and others
A Few Examples of Sentences Capitalized by Our Uppercase Generator Online
Our online tool checks the capitalization errors according to the given rules and standards of capitalization, which are implemented through professional algorithms with specialized input from linguistic experts. A few examples of capitalization correction done by our tool are listed below:
Incorrect: the main purpose of using online tool is to save time and money.
Correct: The main purpose of using an online tool is to save time and money.
Incorrect: He and i wanted to visit a hill station yesterday.
Correct: He and I wanted to visit a hill station yesterday.
Incorrect: I read the book the old man and the sea.
Correct: I read the book The Old Man and the Sea.
Incorrect: She fixed the meeting on the first monday of january 2022.
Correct: She fixed the meeting on the first Monday of January 2022.